Skiing & snowboarding
Snow safety, family friendliness and free ski and sledging fun: In Oberjoch/Bad Hindelang you are booking the perfect skiing holiday in Bavaria!
The special part of the Oberjoch ski area are the short distances: you leave the hotel, cross the road, strap on your skis – and off you go!
- 32 km prepared pistes of every difficulty level
- Three 6-person chairlifts, an 8-person chairlift and a drag lift (three of the lifts were just opened for the 2015/16 winter season)
- Snow safety thanks to 50 snow-blowing systems
- Night-skiing every Thursday evening at the Idealhanglift and the Iselerbahn
- MINI SNOWPARK for snowboarders
- Children’s snow land
- You can find a piste map to download/print here
- Your PLUS: The lift pass is included in the accommodation price as a guest in the “Löwen”!
Family ski arena
The German Ski Association recently named the Oberjoch ski area as the best family ski area in the Alps. The range of pistes and leisure opportunities are assessed as being outstanding for adults and children.The highlights:
- The way to the pistes is often hard work for children with all their equipment and ski boots. With us you are really just moments away from the Schwandenbahn and off you go. The pistes there are flat and ideal for practising. And should the little skiers get cold or be bothered by anything, you can be back at the hotel in no time.
- Children’s ski circus at the Iseler ski school on the Schwandenbahn
- Schneeleo practice park at the Grenzwieslift
- Schneekinderland across 20,000 m² at the Iselerbahn with a large learning and action area, a fantasy and play area, as well as a fairytale forest with animals, the Schneekinderland gets little skiers’ hearts racing.
Alpines Trainingszentrum Allgäu (ATA)
Professionals such as Felix Neureuther and Viktoria Rebensburg train at the Alpinen Trainingszentrums Allgäu by the Iseler in Oberjoch.
After Bischofswiesen and Garmisch-Partenkirchen, the ATA Oberjoch is the third German training centre. The run, ideally suited for the core disciplines of giant slalom and slalom and which has already proven itself in Europa Cup races, is used under ideal conditions by the next generation of skiers from the Allgäu, the state teams, as well as training groups from the national team.
The expansion of the snow-making system as well as the installation of floodlighting associated with the construction of the ATA Oberjoch are the basic requirements to be able to train at a high level and high frequency, particularly for the next generation of school-going age. Furthermore, the improved conditions benefit you, our holiday guests: you can make use of the expanded options around the Iselerbahn during non-training times.
The ATA is run by the Allgäu Ski Association.
Every Thursday on the pistes of the Iselerbahn and the Idealhang from 5.30 pm to 9 pm night-skiing under floodlights takes place. A unique experience!